We did not get the amount of snow we were hoping for, but we did get some. Enough that we did get out grooming a little today. We started to fill in some water bars and smooth out what we could, but we still need more snow and water bars to freeze up solid which hopefully they will tonight and the next couple of days and even more importantly stay that way! We got some trees that had been cut previously pushed off the trails and put up some new signs as well at RD10 and RD11. If you do go out and ride, use caution. Even where we groomed, water bars are still open and we’re still looking at very early conditions, more like what we’d typically see in December. Think snow and ride safe!
You are browsing archives for
Trails are open. We’ve got a bit more snow and there is an ok base in most areas, especially up higher. Conditions are still early season and can change at a moments notice and there are still branches/trees that may be down in areas as well as open water bars. In addition, we have a detour for this season. 100 N/S is closed between RD2 and RD7. Coming from the North, this means a longer trip to services, so plan accordingly. All services are open as well as access to the Swiss Farm. Please check the map, the closure is listed.
Groomer has not been out yet, we’ll get out when conditions permit. So please use caution going by the wall at Riverside farm. We’ve been working on improving that so it doesn’t get flooded but need to groom it. Go slow.
Think snow! Pictures are from Saturday
This morning we were getting light rain/drizzle. It has just started to show signs of turning to snow with some flakes mixing in. We will post new updates after we see what today’s weather brings us and we get a chance to get out and check the trails. Thanks for your patience, we all want to be out riding and hope this season gets going soon!
This is it! Last day to get your early bird TMA. Stop by the Swiss Farm Market (aka Pittstop) or get it online and be sure to select our club when ordering. Prices will go up if you buy after today. And you know we’ll get more snow!
Also remember, season starts tomorrow, but trails do not open tomorrow. We will post when trails open after we have enough snow.
Warm weather and rain have taken a toll on the valley trails and other sections as well. We are officially closing those trails in the valley. The only good riding at this point would be in the upper elevation in the National forest section of trails (Michigan area) but even getting there by trailer is tough given the road conditions right now.
It’s been a great season! Still more to do though as all the stakes that are up will need to come down. If you can help, please reach out and we’ll find something for you to do!
And don’t forget the landowner dinner! Plus there’s still time to put in nominations for awards with VAST. April 1st is the deadline.
Another great weekend of riding! Might have been one of the best – locally at least. So much snow up in the higher terrain.
Keep an eye on our site and Vast map as things will likely change fast. We expect we’ll need to close the valley trails soon. Lots of bare spots already and with temps warming up later this week, any snow that is left isn’t likely to last long. Riding should remain decent up high though as there is a ton of snow!
Got out to ride some of our trails and Chittenden today. The bad news is that our best riding has come and now gone. The good news is that there is still good riding. I stuck to the Michigan area today (National forest trails on our side of Carmel and Bloodroot) and the trails have a solid base still. There’s more ice and there are some bare spots but overall the conditions we’re quite good. Soft down lower but hard up higher. Once things are groomed, they should be good. Chittenden was more of the same with a few more bare spots and really hard packed. Enjoy it while you can!
Riding is not recommended at this time given the warm weather and rain. Wait until we get back to some colder temps tomorrow. We also need to get out grooming and we will be doing that as soon as cold temps return tomorrow evening. Best riding this weekend will be Sunday.
When you do venture out, please use caution as this warm up has caused a lot of melting and we had areas that got washed out back with the rain in January and they could be impacted again. If you come across any hazards or poor sections of trail, please inform us so we can update the map.